We have just published the second batch of interviews with our main track speakers:
To get up to speed with the various topics discussed in the main track talks, you can start reading the following interviews:
- Antti Kantee: What is wrong with Operating Systems (and how do we make things better)
- Giulio Eulisse: IgProf?: The Ignominous Profiler
- Larry Wall: Get ready to party!
- Poul-Henning Kamp: Ntimed an NTPD replacement
- Sylvestre Ledru and Lukas Blakk: A new version of Firefox is available: Releasing Quality Firefox Products
Last week, we already published our first set of speaker interviews. If you can't wait for FOSDEM 2015, get a glimpse of the talks in all these interviews. More are coming during the next weeks. See you in 2015!
source : https://fosdem.org/2015/news/
The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the availability of FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE. This is the second release of the stable/10 branch, which improves on the stability of FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE and introduces some new features.
Some of the highlights:
- The new console driver, vt(4), has been added.
- Support for FreeBSD/i386 guests has been added to bhyve(4).
- The bhyve(4) hypervisor now supports booting from a zfs(8) filesystem.
- Support for SMP was added to the armv6 kernels and enabled by default in the configuration files for all platforms that contain multi-core CPUs.
- Initial support for UEFI boot has been added for the FreeBSD/amd64 architecture.
- Support has been added to cache geli(8) passphrases during system boot.
- Support for the UDP-Lite protocol (RFC 3828) has been added to the IPv4 and IPv6 stacks.
- The new filesystem automount facility, autofs(5), has been added.
- The sshd(8) rc.d(8) startup script now generates ED25519 sshd(8) host keys if keys do not already exist when ssh_keygen_alg() is invoked.
- OpenSSH has been updated to version 6.6p1.
- The nc(1) utility has been updated to match the version in OpenBSD 5.5.
- Sendmail has been updated to 8.14.9.
- The unbound(8) caching resolver and ldns have been updated to version 1.4.22.
- OpenPAM has been updated to Ourouparia (20140912).
- OpenSSL has been updated to version 1.0.1j.
- The pkg(8) package management utility has been updated to version 1.3.8.
For a complete list of new features and known problems, please see the online release notes and errata list, available at:
Download the ISO/image file from here: ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/ISO-IMAGES/10.1/
Full announcement: https://www.freebsd.org/releases/10.1R/announce.html
It has to begin at start, so here is the blog about the technical stuff i do.